Your choice of mixed vegetables are prepared with olive oil, lemon, and fresh herbs.
How To Make Basted Grilled Vegetables
- 3 bell peppers , of your choice, roughly 12 oz in total, seeded and halved
- 3 zucchinis, about 12 oz total, sliced lengthwise into ½-inch-thick rectangles
- 3 eggplants, about 12 oz total, sliced lengthwise into ½-inch-thick rectangles
- 12 oz shiitake mushrooms, or any brown mushrooms of your choice, preferably Portobello
- 8 oz asparagus, trimmed
- 12 oz red onions, halved or quartered depending on size
- ⅔ cup olive oil, divided
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ tsp dried basil leaves
- 1½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- cooking spray
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat your grill and grease it with cooking spray.
Combine vinegar, garlic, dried herbs, and ⅓ cup of oil. Whisk until evenly incorporated.
Season with salt and pepper. Adjust accordingly and set aside.
Brush the vegetables with the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper on all sides. Toss to evenly coat.
Working in batches, grill the vegetables anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the vegetables, and until they are tender and lightly charred all over. The key to getting those great grill marks is to not shift the vegetables too frequently once they've been placed on the hot grill.
Baste the vegetables with the prepared mixture on both sides while grilling.
Arrange the vegetables on a platter and serve immediately. This goes well with any steak, chicken, or roasted items, and a glass of red wine.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!