This amazing casserole is made with lean ground beef, green beans, corn, mozzarella cheese and wild rice. It only takes 30 minutes to bake!
How To Make Hearty Ground Beef And Rice Casserole
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 ½ cup green beans sliced
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. While your oven warms up, prepare a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Coat a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and warm it over high heat.
- Add the onions to the skillet and cook them for 3 minutes or until they become tender.
- Add the ground beef and garlic powder to the skillet, then stir and cook them for 7 minutes until the beef is well browned.
- Lower the heat to medium then mix in the rice, tomato sauce, broth, and one cup of cheese.
- Stir the ingredients until they are well blended and simmer them for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture onto the prepared baking dish and bake it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While waiting for the casserole to finish baking, combine the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and sour cream in a small mixing bowl.
- After 15 minutes, spread the cheese mixture over the casserole and bake it for an additional 15 minutes.
- Once your casserole is done baking, allow it to cool then serve it with green beans and corn kernels. Enjoy!
Calories: 542kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 2695mg | Potassium: 2084mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 2712IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 327mg | Iron: 8mg