This amazing casserole is made with lean ground beef, green beans, corn, mozzarella cheese and wild rice. It only takes 30 minutes to bake!
How To Make Hearty Ground Beef And Rice Casserole
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 88 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 cup wild rice cooked
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 ½ cup green beans sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels cooked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Coat a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and warm over high heat.
- Add onions to skillet and cook for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add ground beef and garlic powder to skillet.
- Stir and cook for 7 minutes or until beef is well browned.
- Decrease heat to medium.
- Mix in rice, tomato sauce, broth and 1 C. cheese.
- Stir until ingredients are well blended and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 1 C. mozzarella cheese and sour cream in a small mixing bowl.
- Spread mixture over casserole and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Allow casserole to cool before serving.