How To Make Beef Chop Suey
Beef chop suey is a traditional Filipino dish that stir fries a colorful mix of veggies with strips of meat, for a hearty meal any time.
- In a bowl mix all Stir Fried Beef ingredients together, add the beef and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
Prepare a wok, place in really high heat. Add oil and once it’s really hot add the marinated beef evenly spread out. If the wok is small, do this in two batches. Leave it to cook in one side for a minute in high heat. Turn beef into the other side and cook again in high heat for a minute. Remove from wok then set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium then sauté garlic and onions on the same wok.
- Bring the heat back to high then add the cabbage, celery, garlic sprouts and cauliflower, stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushroom, carrots and capsicums then continue to stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the beef and stir fry for a minute.
- Add beef stock and dissolved cornstarch, bring to a rapid boil.
Once sauce is thick, season with sugar, fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper.
Serve and enjoy!
- Sugar: 8g
- Calcium: 78mg
- Calories: 229kcal
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Fat: 13g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 705mg
- Protein: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 332mg
- Vitamin A: 2469IU
- Vitamin C: 107mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Pies & Pastries
Pancit canton is a classic Filipino noodle dish. Flour stick noodles are cooked with pork, vegetables, and sausages to make a savory meal.
Bars and Brownies