How To Make 10-Minute Healthy Donabe Stew
This stew recipe is made in a traditional Japanese donabe for an extra smoky flavor! Enjoy a blend of tasty vegetables, meat, and seafood all in one pot.
- ½cupchicken brothor any broth
- 1tspwhite miso
- shrimpmussels, clams, fish cakes, or other seafood
- mushroom(shitake, shimeji, enoki, oyster)
- bok choycabbage, turnips, carrots, bean sprouts, radish
- jalapeńoor serrano peppers
- scallionscilantro, seaweed
- saltor soy sauce to taste
In a donabe or small pot, bring chicken broth, water, and white miso to a boil at high heat.
Reduce to medium-low heat then add the shrimp and other desired seafood and meatballs.
Simmer for 3 minutes or more, depending on how long the protein takes to cook.
Add the bok choy, other desired vegetables, jalapeno, and egg, then simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
Turn the heat off, and add salt or soy sauce to taste.
Sprinkle with toppings of scallions or other wanted toppings, serve, and enjoy!
- Calories: 97.80kcal
- Fat: 3.22g
- Saturated Fat: 0.84g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1.47g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.69g
- Carbohydrates: 9.99g
- Fiber: 0.31g
- Sugar: 4.15g
- Protein: 6.72g
- Cholesterol: 7.20mg
- Sodium: 1122.58mg
- Calcium: 17.92mg
- Potassium: 264.15mg
- Iron: 0.65mg
- Vitamin A: 2.63µg
- Vitamin C: 0.48mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!