If you love hot bean soup on a cold winter’s day, this is the soup for you. It’s delicious and very filling.
How To Make Bean And Barley Soup With Ham
- 1 large potato finely diced
- 1 carrot finely diced
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cup Great Northern beans canned and undrained
- 1 cup barley
- 2 cup cooked ham finely diced
- 6 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 3/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- In a crock pot ,add potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, bay leaf, beans, barley, ham and water.
- Cook on high for 5 hours.
- Add salt and pepper and stir to combine. Discard bay leaf and serve.
- Note: dry beans can be used if soaked over night. Make enough beans to make 4 cups and drain.
Calories: 681kcal | Carbohydrates: 111g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 2089mg | Potassium: 1893mg | Fiber: 30g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 3811IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 220mg | Iron: 9mg