This is the way to have tuna… refreshing, creamy, and tasty. You will really enjoy this fish full of fun.. Kids love it too! Serve it up with toast points, field greens, or pita bread for that lunch on the go!
How To Make Too Lite Tuna Salad
A tuna salad is best for a snack! Try this Too Lite Tuna Salad for a lighter meal to have for lunch. You’ll love the fresh combination of fruits and crunchiness of the veggies and nuts in this too lite tuna salad recipe.
- 2 cups tuna, canned in water, preferably in chunks, drained
- ¼ cup raisins, chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- ¾ cup cashew nuts, roasted, half chopped and set aside as garnish, the other half whole
- 7½ oz granny smith apple, small, cored, chopped, no need to peel
- 2 tbsp red onion, small, or yellow onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup tomatoes, cored, quartered
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, leaves torn, trimmed
- ⅓ cup French dressing, or Italian dressing
- salt and ground white pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup cashew nuts, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, add the mayonnaise and the French or Italian dressing. Whisk until everything is evenly incorporated. Set it aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the canned tuna, tomatoes, celery, red onion, dried cranberries, Granny Smith Apple, and cashew nuts. Toss together to combine the ingredients.
- Pour enough dressing to coat the mixed vegetables. Fold to combine the ingredients.
- Cover the bowl with a cling wrap. Keep it chilled until it is ready to use.
- Season it according to taste with salt and ground black pepper. Toss the ingredients together to combine.
- Make a bed of lettuce leaves on a plate and top it with the tuna salad.
- Garnish it with roasted cashew nuts. Serve and enjoy!
- Sugar: 19g
- Calcium: 59mg
- Calories: 639kcal
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- Fat: 44g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 5mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 17g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 17g
- Potassium: 742mg
- Protein: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 442mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 2412IU
- Vitamin C: 7mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!