Looking for something easy, delicious, and will impress everyone at your next potluck? Meet the latest favorite raw vegetable salad: this napa cabbage salad. Fresh and bursting with flavors, it’s guaranteed to take the spotlight. Imagine chunks of crisp vegetables covered in a flavorful Asian dressing. I served this Asian cabbage salad at our last cookout, and the guests ate with so much gusto!
A cross between a salad and a slaw, this Chinese cabbage salad has a collection of flavors and textures. This recipe, in particular, has crisp napa cabbage (a Chinese cabbage variety), crunchy snow peas, and firm radishes. If you have the time, toast some almonds for a nutty taste. And as with most napa cabbage salad recipes, this version is also tossed in a dressing made of mayo, rice vinegar, and soy sauce. I’m confident you’ll love the robust crunch and flavors in each bite!
List most salad recipes, this napa cabbage salad recipe is easily customizable. Don’t have rice vinegar? Then, use balsamic vinegar. Allergic to almonds? No problem; just up the texture with sunflower seeds.It involves almost no labor except toasting the almonds and making the Asian dressing.
When ready to serve, simply toss everything together. In my opinion, topping this Asian napa cabbage salad with ramen noodles is the BEST way to enjoy it. Not to brag, but my napa cabbage recipe is one of the most terrific napa cabbage recipes you’ll EVER try.
How To Make Napa Cabbage Picnic Salad
This tasty napa cabbage salad is ready in just 20 minutes! Enjoy bites of crunchy cabbage, snow peas, and radishes, all tossed in a smoky mayo dressing.
- Toast the almond slivers in a dry nonstick or cast-iron skillet on medium-high, stirring frequently, until browned. Set aside.
- Combine the cabbage, snow peas, radishes, green onions, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, minced garlic, sesame oil, ground ginger, and cayenne powder until the sugar has dissolved.
- Then, whisk in the mayonnaise.
- When ready to serve, gently combine the dressing and toasted almonds with the cabbage mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can also toss fresh slices of mandarin oranges, tomatoes, and carrots for added flavor and texture.
- Try sprucing up this cabbage salad recipe with chicken pieces for a more filling meal.
- Calories: 215.53kcal
- Fat: 19.20g
- Saturated Fat: 2.58g
- Trans Fat: 0.00g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 6.32g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 10.05g
- Carbohydrates: 8.56g
- Fiber: 2.79g
- Sugar: 4.64g
- Protein: 3.75g
- Cholesterol: 7.51mg
- Sodium: 296.87mg
- Calcium: 96.62mg
- Potassium: 316.93mg
- Iron: 1.56mg
- Vitamin A: 131.70µg
- Vitamin C: 42.59mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!