A delicious way to roast baby lamb is by marinating it with white wine sauce and balsamic vinegar. This creates a more flavorful dish so you can taste the unique meaty flavor from the lamb. It’s also a classy dish if you’re feeling up to serve something out of the usual.
How To Make Roast Baby Lamb
Baby lamb meat is roasted to a charred texture before drizzled over with a white wine infused balsamic vinegar sauce.
- In a large bowl, toss all ingredients except the beef stock until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate 24 hours, tossing occasionally.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Transfer the contents of the refrigerated bowl to a roasting pan large enough to accommodate a single layer of vegetables covered by a single layer of meat.
- Add the stock and roast, basting and turning the lamb frequently, until the meat is vry tender, about 1 hour 45 minutes.
Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the lamb from the pan and set it aside.
- Skim and discard as much fat as possible from the pan liquids.
Place the pan over high heat and boil until the liquids reduce to about 1 ¼ cups.
- Transfer the meat to a smaller roasting pan and strain the reduced sauce over it.
- Place the meat in the oven and roast, turning meat every 10 minutes, until extremely tender, brown, and caramelized, about 30 - 40 minutes.
Strain the juices from the pan and, if necessary, reduce further over moderately high heat; there should be ½ cup of finished sauce.
- Transfer the lamb to a serving platter and spoon the sauce over it.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!