Chicago is famous for its pizza, especially for deep dish varieties. Bring the taste of Chicago home with this recipe! Load it with your favorite pizza toppings and imagine that you’re dining out in the city!
How To Make Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza
Why call for a delivery when you can make this Chicago style deep dish pizza recipe at home. It\’s loaded with pepperoni, sausage, cheese, and much more.
- Grease your deep dish pizza pan generously. Then preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Press down pizza dough on the bottom of the deep dish pan. Ensure that the dough is evenly layered and the sides are at least 2 inches high.
- Add in ½ jar of pizza sauce, and coat the bottom and the sides of the pizza dough Leave about ½ inch of dough uncoated. Then, add in pepperoni and sausage.
- Add the shredded Monterrey Jack cheese and jalapeno peppers on top of pizza sauce and meats.
- Top with the spinach and mozzarella cheese. Next, add in the olives and more cheese to get a gooey texture.
- Cook on high for 2 hours. Bake for additional 30 minutes if pizza is still not done. Check frequently to ensure pizza does not burn.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing up to serve.
- Sugar: 9g
- Calcium: 82mg
- Calories: 503kcal
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Fat: 32g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 5mg
- Potassium: 689mg
- Protein: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 2581mg
- Vitamin A: 2965IU
- Vitamin C: 16mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Recreate Chicago's best deep dish pizza in this recipe that layers mozzarella, sausage, and pepperoni, for a thick and filling bite.
Bite into a thick, soft, buttery, and cheesy pizza slice just like at Giordano’s! Enjoy a local Chicago delicacy with our Giordano’s Deep Dish Pizza Recipe.
Pies & Pastries
Skip the trouble of going out just to have your favorite Chicago-style pizza. Make your own at the comfort of your home using this copycat Uno's deep dish pizza recipe!