Use this recipe to make a flaky, perfect dough for creating any deep dish pizza you want!
Copycat Giordano’s Deep Dish Pizza Crust Recipe Video
How To Make Copycat Giordano's Deep Dish Pizza Crust
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in 1/4 cup of the warm water.
- Add the sugar and 1/4 cup of the flour and stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1 cup warm water and 3 cups flour, the cornmeal, salt, and 1/2 cup olive oil.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix the dough, incorporating as much of the flour as possible.
- Turn the dough out on a lightly floured work surface and knead until soft and elastic, 10 to 12 minutes.
- It will be a little sticky, but shouldn't stick to your hands.
- Add only a minimum amount of flour to the work surface to keep the dough from sticking.
- Lightly oil a large bowl.
- Add the dough and turn to coat on all sides.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place a clean, damp, kitchen towel over the top.
- Set the bowl in a warm spot and let rise until doubled in volume, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. (For a slow rise, place the covered bowl in the refrigerator and let rise for 10 to 12 hours, returning dough to room temperature before using).
- When the dough has doubled in volume, punch it down and knead it for 2 to 3 minutes. Press the dough evenly into the bottom of an oiled 14-inch round deep-dish pizza pan.
- Let the dough rise in the pan for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Press the dough until it comes 2 inches up the sides and is even on the bottom and at the corners of the pan.
- Proceed with any deep-dish pizza recipe.
- Calcium: 8mg
- Calories: 346kcal
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fat: 15g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 91mg
- Protein: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 243mg
- Sugar: 1g
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!