You might be wondering why it is called blackened shrimp. Blackening is a cooking technique where the meat — in this case, shrimp — is dipped in melted butter. After this process, the shrimp will then be sprinkled with different spices. For this shrimp pizza recipe, we are definitely going to need a lot of butter and start dipping.
So, that’s what we’re going to do in this recipe. We’ll use blackened shrimp as a topping to our pizza. Don’t worry, this may seem intimidating at first but we guarantee that it is going to be hassle-free. Just follow these steps carefully and you’ll have a scrumptious blackened shrimp pizza in no time.
Serve this to your family and friends and we are sure that they are going to love it as well! For more shrimp recipes, try out this coconut shrimp dish from Red Lobster!
How To Make Cajun Shrimp Pizza
This is a quick delicious pizza recipe. It is a little spicy but you can use less of the suggested ingredients to make it kid-friendly!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine grill seasoning, paprika, chili powder, and cayenne pepper in a ziploc bag.
- Add the shrimp to the seasoning and shake well until all is coated.
- Stretch out pizza dough onto a pizza pan. Spread tomato sauce base evenly across pizza base.
- Add sliced tomatoes first, then garlic, onion, and jalepeno pepper.
- Now add the shrimp. Sprinkle with the red pepper flakes and thyme then top with shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle olive oil on the edges of the pizza and if you like, add your favorite powder seasoning, I add garlic powder to the edges.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until crisp and bubbly-brown on top.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calcium: 20mg
- Calories: 230kcal
- Carbohydrates: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Fat: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 34mg
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 50mg
- Vitamin A: 396IU
- Vitamin C: 5mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use Chicken Instead of Shrimp?
Yes! There will be not much of a difference in the process of making the blackened chicken over pizza. You’ll also retain the protein intake.
Can I Use Ready-Made Blackened Seasoning?
Yes, definitely. However, there is room for a personalized mix when you make your blackened seasoning yourself. But, if you don’t have the time, it’s definitely okay to buy the ready-made ones.
ConclusionA simple and easy to put together recipe, this blackened shrimp pizza will be ready in less than an hour. Get the kids to help out with the toppings! If you're working with a bigger piece of dough, adjust the proportions of your other ingredients!
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!