The sweet coconut, rum and pina colada mix make this a shrimp dish fit for any island getaway.
How To Make Copycat Best Red Lobster's Coconut Shrimp Ever
- 2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cup corn starch divided
- 2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 cup pina colada drink mix divided
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 1 lb shrimp uncooked, peeled, deveined, butterflied
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup pineapple crushed, drained
- Combine bread crumbs, 1/2 cup cornstarch, and coconut flakes in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine 1 cup pina colada drink mix, powdered sugar, and rum in another bowl and set aside.
- Place 1 cup corn starch in a separate bowl. Coat shrimp in the following order to achieve desired texture:1. Cornstarch mixture2. Pina colada mixture3. Coconut mixture4. Pina colada mixture5. Coconut mixture
- Carefully drop each coated shrimp into 375° oil. Fry until golden brown, remove from fryer, and drain.
- Combine 1/2 cup pina colada drink mix, sour cream, and pineapple. Dip fried shrimp in sauce to serve.
Calories: 829kcal | Carbohydrates: 115g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 296mg | Sodium: 1418mg | Potassium: 392mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 119IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 289mg | Iron: 6mg