This perfectly baked macaroni and cheese is sure to become a family favorite.
How To Make Golden Brown Macaroni and Cheese
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 1/2 cups grated mild cheddar cheese divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- paprika for garnishing
- Preheat your oven to a temp. of 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a 6-quart pot, bring all 6 cups of water mixed with 1/2 tsp. of salt to a boil. Add in the macaroni and cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Afterward, drain the water.
- Return the macaroni into the pot and stir it in with the butter or margarine until melted. Then add 2 cups of the cheddar cheese, setting aside the remaining amount.
- In a medium bowl, beat all the eggs then add in the milk to make a milk mixture. Add the milk mixture with the macaroni in the pot and stir until they are well-combined.
- Spoon the macaroni into the prepared baking pan. Then sprinkle the top with the remaining cheddar cheese and dust the macaroni with paprika afterward.
- Bake the macaroni uncovered for 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the casserole is warm throughout.
- You now have a delectable meal of golden brown macaroni and cheese. Bon apetit!