Steamed broccoli tossed with spiral pasta in a creamy cheddar cheese sauce, topped with Parmesan and baked to bubbly deliciousness is an instant favorite. It tastes great alongside your favorite entree or can stand alone as a vegetarian meal the whole family with love!
How To Make Broccoli Cauliflower Cheesy Pasta Bake
- 8 oz. fusilli pasta
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 14 oz. frozen broccoli and cauliflower florets
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large pot of boiling water add 2 tsp. salt and one tbsp. olive oil.
- Add fusilli pasta and cook until al dense.
- Cook broccoli and cauliflower in microwave for 6 minutes.
- Drain any water. In a large saucepan melt butter or margarine; stir in flour and milk and whisk until mixture boils and thickens.
- Add cheddar cheese, salt, garlic powder, nutmeg and thyme and stir until blended.
- Add cooked broccoli and cauliflower and drained pasta to cheese sauce.
- Mix well.
- Spoon into a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Cover with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Let stand before serving.