This recipe makes steamed broccoli and cauliflower tossed with spiral pasta in a creamy cheese sauce, then topped with parmesan and baked to bubbly deliciousness. This broccoli and cauliflower bake will definitely be an instant favorite with its baked penne pasta and healthy vegetable fillings. The parmesan and provolone cheese mixed with the broccoli and cauliflower florets give the dish a rich, cheesy, and subtle salty flavor.
Our cheesy broccoli cauliflower casserole dish pairs particularly well with penne pasta. These tube shaped pasta with ridges are perfect for holding the thick and creamy sauce better. It gives your broccoli and cauliflower bake that appetizing cheese pull with every bite, and tastes great alongside grilled lamb chops with herbs de provence. Or, it can stand alone as a vegetarian meal for the whole family.
How To Make Broccoli Cauliflower Cheesy Pasta Bake
Make this delicious broccoli and cauliflower bake recipe that’s overflowing with shredded parmesan and provolone cheese. It’s a simple and creamy baked pasta dish to enhance your afternoon and evening meals.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and add in flour, forming a roux. Pour in milk and continuously whisk until mixture thickens.
- Add provolone cheese, garlic powder, and thyme and stir until blended.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower, and drained pasta to cheese sauce. Mix until combined.
- Season to taste with salt and ground pepper. Adjust accordingly.
- Grease your preferred baking dish and add in the mixture. You will use the same baking dish to serve.
- Cover with shredded parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Set aside for a few minutes prior to serving.
- Serve alongside garlic bread. Enjoy!
- Sugar: 13g
- Calcium: 677mg
- Calories: 611kcal
- Carbohydrates: 53g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- Fat: 32g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 10g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 644mg
- Protein: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 19g
- Sodium: 650mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 1242IU
- Vitamin C: 46mg
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you cook pasta bake covered or uncovered?
Bake the pasta uncovered for 20 minutes to achieve that cheesy and slightly golden color on top. Since we’re topping the dish with cheese, the finishing top crust should have that appetizing golden texture. Make sure to not to bake for more than the recommended time. Overbaking it would dry and burn the baked broccoli and cauliflower pasta dish.
What cheese goes with pasta?
Aside from parmesan and provolone cheese, you can also use mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese. It’s best to use cheeses that melt easily so that it can evenly bake with the pasta and other ingredients. Shredded or powdered cheeses work best in baked pasta dishes since it melts easier than cubed or sliced cheeses.
ConclusionIf you’re looking for easy pasta bake recipes, then look no further than this cheesy and vegetable-filled pasta bake. Enjoy this cauliflower and broccoli bake pasta with a side of garlic bread or with your favorite entree for a filling and hearty meal.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!