This creamy mushroom sauce with angel hair pasta recipe is one that will be rotated in your menu often. It pairs well with grilled chicken tenders or steak au poivre. In addition, it can be prepared in under half an hour. This dish is perfect for weeknights with the family and is a healthy vegetarian dish.
Tips on Making Angel Hair Pasta With Creamy Mushroom Sauce
If you’re in a rush to whip up a meal, this capellini pasta recipe is just right for you. This creamy recipe offers minimal fuss, and it tastes so good especially with grated parmesan cheese! On top of that, it’s also quite healthy. Read further to get some tips for this simple pasta dish.
- Slice mushrooms thinly to have a taste of them in each bite you take.
- You can use bouillon cubes. Although some variations contain MSG, it will give you a better concentration of flavors and a thicker sauce. We do not recommend using broth for this pasta recipe as it will thin out the sauce and make it less creamy.
- You can also mix in some spinach and fresh herbs to add some more color, flavor, and nutrients into the dish.
- If you want to make this dish completely vegan, use almond milk, oat milk, or coconut milk in place of the heavy cream or whole milk. However, you may not get the same flavor as the non-vegan version if you use coconut milk.
- Stir the pasta straight away when you add it to the cooking liquid, and as with any noodle pasta, you should stir while it cooks.
- In case you find that your angel hair noodles are undercooked, add some hot water half a cup at a time.
How To Make Angel Hair Pasta with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Make a restaurant-worthy creamy mushroom pasta dish in the comfort of your own home! This pasta is covered in a smooth garlic sauce with sauteed mushrooms and served with a tangy cream cheese that makes the best creamy garlic mushroom sauce.
Cook the pasta, then drain. Follow the cooking instructions on the package.
For the sauce, melt the butter in a sauce pot.
Saute the mushrooms and allow them to sweat. Then add onions and continue sauteing until they’re translucent and tender.
Stir in cream cheese, salt, and pepper.
Simmer over low heat until the cheese is melted. Stir continuously.
Slowly stir in milk and chives until incorporated into the cheese mixture.
Pour the sauce over pasta and toss to coat evenly.
Sprinkle the grated parmesan cheese over the pasta, then serve and enjoy!
Commonly Asked Questions
What is angel pasta hair used for?
Angel hair pasta cream sauce works perfectly with this type of noodle. It’s also best for light tomato-based pasta recipes or olive-oil based ones. A good dish to use these thin noodles is puttanesca. You can also saute garlic in extra virgin olive oil and toss cooked capellini in the sauce. “Is it ok to add grated parmesan cheese in the recipe?” you ask? The answer is always yes for pasta!
Why does angel hair pasta stick together?
If you cook this type of pasta using a small pot, the strands tend to stick together because it doesn’t have enough space. Additionally, there’s a lot of starch in the pasta when it begins to boil which also causes them to stick together. We suggest stirring the pasta occasionally as it cooks and put a couple tablespoons of olive oil.
How do you know when your pasta is done?
Like most pasta, it should be al dente, or firm to the tooth. The only way to know this is to do a bite test. If pasta is overcooked, it’ll become gummy and stick to the wall of your pot. Once your pasta is done, make sure to run it under water and drain immediately to stop it from cooking further.
Angel hair pasta is so versatile that you can do anything with it. Other than a creamy mushroom sauce, you can try making it with shrimp scampi skewers and just a simple olive oil based sauce. You can serve your family and yourself in no time using our easy creamy pasta recipe.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!