How To Make Steak Quesadilla
Enjoy cheesy and juicy bites of beef with this steak quesadilla! It's made with 2 kinds of cheese and onions for a flavor-packed bite.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. While the skillet is heating up, pat steak dry on both sides with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, onion powder, black pepper, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle the seasoning evenly over both sides of the steak.
Add 1½ tablespoons of olive oil to the skillet and add the steak. Cook on each side for about 4 to 8 minutes, depending on how thick the steak is.
Remove the steak from the skillet and transfer it to a cutting board to let it rest.
While the meat is resting, add the remaining olive oil to the skillet. Add the sliced onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes, until softened.
- Transfer the onions to a bowl and carefully wipe off the inside of the skillet with a few paper towels until clean. Set aside.
- Uncover the steak and slice it against the grain at an angle into thin slices or into bite-sized chunks.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shredded mozzarella and monterey jack cheeses.
Assemble the quesadillas by adding ½ cup of shredded cheese to the bottom of one tortilla, followed by some steak, then onions, and one more ½ cup of shredded cheese. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and then top everything with one more tortilla.
- Place the clean skillet back on the stove over medium heat. Using a spatula, carefully transfer the quesadilla to the skillet.
Cook the quesadillas for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the bottom of the quesadilla is golden-brown. Quickly flip over the quesadilla and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, until golden-brown and the cheese has fully melted.
- Assemble and cook the remaining quesadillas.
Serve immediately as is, or cut the quesadillas into fourths. Serve with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Bars and Brownies
The perfect thing to pair with your favorite blend of coffee. Take your regular biscotti up a notch with this brownie biscotti recipe.
Dip, Sauce & Condiment
BBQ & Grilled
Low carb, no-tortilla fajita salad