How To Make Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken Piccata
Parmesan cheese provides flavor to this fried chicken dish and served Piccata-style. You will love this creamy and slightly fragrant dish. Try it!
For The Chicken:
- large chicken breasts,boneless and skinless, halved horizontally to make 4
- 2tbspflour,all purpose or plain
- 2tbspfinely grated fresh parmesan cheese
- cracked pepper
For The Sauce:
- 1tbspolive oil
- 2tspbutter,or oil
- 1¼cup chicken broth,stock
- ½cuphalf and half,or heavy cream or evaporated milk
- ⅓cupfresh parmesan cheese,finely grated
- 2tbspcapers,plus 2 extra to garnish
- 1tspcornstarch,cornflour, mixed with 1 tbsp of water
- 3tbsplemon juice,juice of 1 lemon, adjust to your tastes
- 2tbspFresh Parsley
In a shallow bowl, combine the flour and parmesan cheese. Season the chicken with salt and pepper; dredge in the flour mixture; shake off excess and set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and 2 teaspoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter has melted and pan is hot.
Fry the chicken until golden on each side and cooked through and no longer pink for about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer onto a warm plate.
Add the garlic to the oil in the pan and fry until fragrant. Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the broth and cream.
Bring the sauce to a gentle simmer; season with salt and pepper to your taste; add in the parmesan cheese and capers. Continue cooking gently for about 2 minutes until thicker.
Pour in the lemon juice, allow to simmer for a further minute to combine.
Add the chicken back into the pan, allow to simmer gently in the sauce for about a minute to soak up all of the flavours in the sauce.
Serve with the sauce over pasta, steamed vegetables, zucchini noodles or rice. Top with extra capers to garnish, lemon slices and parsley.
- Calories: 208.39kcal
- Fat: 14.23g
- Saturated Fat: 6.92g
- Trans Fat: 0.08g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5.70g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.86g
- Carbohydrates: 10.92g
- Fiber: 0.56g
- Sugar: 3.00g
- Protein: 9.82g
- Cholesterol: 30.11mg
- Sodium: 457.54mg
- Calcium: 251.79mg
- Potassium: 185.96mg
- Iron: 0.70mg
- Vitamin A: 89.97µg
- Vitamin C: 8.89mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!