Inspired by California Pizza Kitchen’s famous recipe, this chicken piccata tastes even better than it looks. Its delectable combination of flavors are sure to make this chicken piccata your new favorite recipe.
How To Make CPK-Inspired Lemon Chicken Piccata
- 4 halves skinless boneless chicken breast
- 2 oz. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallots chopped
- 4 medium garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp. capers drained
- 3 tbsp. parsley chopped
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound to 1/2 inch thickness with a mallet or heavy duty skillet.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Put 1 tablespoon of flour into a small bowl, and place remaining flour into a shallow dish.
- Coat chicken in flower from dish and shake off excess.
- Place 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet and melt it on medium-high heat, then add 1 tablespoon oil.
- Put chicken in pan and saute 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in pan, then add shallots and saute for 3 minutes with frequent stirring.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute with occasional stirring.
- Add wine, bring to a boil, and cook until liquid almost evaporates.
- Add 1/4 cup broth to 1 teaspoon flour from small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Add remaining broth to pan and bring to a boil.
- Cook about 5 minutes, then stir in flour mixture and cook until thick (about 1 minute) with frequent stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, juice, and capers.
- Top each chicken breast half with about 2 tablespoons of the sauce and sprinkle with parsley.