Inspired by California Pizza Kitchen’s famous recipe, this chicken piccata tastes even better than it looks. Its delectable combination of flavors is sure to make this chicken piccata your new favorite recipe.
How To Make CPK-Inspired Lemon Chicken Piccata
- 1½ lb chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into cubes and chilled
- 6 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tsp capers, minced
- salt and ground black pepper, to season
- 5 oz cooked pasta, per serving
- 1 lemon ring, per serving
- ¼ tsp parsley, per serving
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound to evenly flatten with a mallet or heavy-duty skillet.
- Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper, then toss to combine.
- Preheat 4 tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Dredge your chicken in flour, then sear evenly on all sides until golden brown, 5 minutes per side. Drain and set aside in a warm area.
- Add remaining oil in the same skillet, then add capers and saute briefly.
- Deglaze with wine and reduce briefly.
- Add broth and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer. Continue simmering until slightly reduced, roughly 5 to 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, then add the chilled butter. Swirl until the butter emulsifies into the sauce. You may need to remove the skillet from the heat from time to time to avoid splitting the butter.
- Return the chicken back to the sauce and just heat through, no more than 3 minutes.
- Place each chicken breast on top of cooked pasta, then pour the sauce on top. Garnish with lemon and parsley.
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 52mg
- Calories: 1042kcal
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Cholesterol: 205mg
- Fat: 73g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 4mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 35g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g
- Potassium: 674mg
- Protein: 52g
- Saturated Fat: 24g
- Sodium: 480mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 901IU
- Vitamin C: 19mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!