These meatballs are the best ones you’ll ever make! Similar to the recipe of the famous Chef Rocco Dispirito, you’ll want to try out these meatballs on your next spaghetti or pasta dish.
How To Make Copycat Chef Rocco Dispirito's Mama's Meatballs
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley chopped fine
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1/2 lb. ground veal
- 1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese grated
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cups marinara sauce
- Place the chicken stock, onion, garlic, and parsley in a blender or food processor and puree.
- In a large bowl, combine the pureed stock mix, meat, bread crumbs, egg, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Combine with hands until mixture is uniform, do not overmix.
- Put a little olive oil on your hands and form mixture into balls a little larger than golf balls.
- Pour about 1/2 inch of extra virgin olive oil in straight sided, 10-inch-wide saute pan and heat over medium-high flame.
- Add the meatballs to the pan, working in batches if necessary, and brown meatballs, turning once.
- This should take about 10-15 minutes.
- While meatballs are browning, heat the marinara sauce in a large pot.
- Transfer the meatballs to the pot with the marinara sauce and simmer for one hour.
- Serve alone or over your favorite pasta.
Calories: 574kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 214mg | Sodium: 2768mg | Potassium: 1839mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 2440IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 186mg | Iron: 7mg