How To Make Bistec A La Mexicana
Bistec a la Mexicana is a tasty beef dish flavored with peppers, garlic, and tomatoes. This spicy and savory dish is great with rice and tortillas.
- Season the beef strips with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside.
- In a large skillet add oil. Preheat over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir fry the beef for about 5 minutes until seared a little.
Add the chopped onion, one serrano pepper (chopped) and garlic. (Save the other serrano pepper for topping) Stir all together. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped roma tomatoes and Maggi sauce to pan. Stir well together.
Add the quartered tomatoes and add to a blender or chopper with half a cup of water, oregano and a pinch of salt. Blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce into skillet and stir. When sauce comes to a simmer, cover skillet and lower heat. Cook for 25 minutes. Taste for salt. Season with more salt if needed.
If you notice sauce is to dry, add a little more water. Top dish with chopped cilantro and more serrano pepper (thinly sliced) if desired.
- Serve with white or yellow rice. Could also accompany rice and beans, avocado slices and warm tortillas.
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 56mg
- Calories: 647kcal
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Cholesterol: 222mg
- Fat: 35g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 7mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 17g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g
- Potassium: 1358mg
- Protein: 74g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Sodium: 213mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 554IU
- Vitamin C: 13mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!