Treat yourself to this easy, tasty dinner that you can make any weeknight! This slow-cooker recipe serves up noodles and tofu that cook long and slow in an infusion of Asian-inspired flavors. It’s no mess and no fuss for a busy life that wants to eat right.
Healthy Crockpot Soba Noodles Recipe
- 14 oz. tofu cubed firm
- 6 oz. Japanese soba noodles uncooked
- 8 oz. mushrooms sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 tbsp. rice vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger minced
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 small red chili pepper chopped
- In a crockpot, mix together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, cornstarch and 1/2 cup water.
- Add in the tofu, and turn to coat.
- Cover and cook for about 6 hours on low heat.
- About 20 to 30 minutes before serving, cook soba noodles according to package directions, adding the mushrooms into the boiling water during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Drain and divide equally into 6 serving bowls.
- Stir in the rice vinegar.
- Spoon tofu and sauce over soba noodles and mushrooms, top with diced chilies and serve.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!