Dying to have some cheeseburger? You have come to the right place. There are a lot of fast-food joints that are specializing in burgers but only a few can make it with the right garlic flavor. Steak ‘N Shake is a popular restaurant chain in the Midwest, known for their steakburgers.
Each patty of Steak ‘N Shake’s burgers uses different kinds of steaks. However, for our copycat recipe, we are going to use the good old ground beef. Get the Western flavor by using American cheese. We recommend getting generous with that garlic!
Now, you don’t have to travel far to have that authentic steakburger experience care of Steak ‘N Shake. Of course, when there are steaks, shakes should come in handy. Try out our copycat vanilla milkshake recipe to partner up with that garlic cheeseburger!
How To Make Easy Copycat Steak N’ Shake Garlic Cheeseburger Recipe
You can now have that flavorful steakburger experience right in your kitchen. Sprinkle some salt and garlic and voila! Instant copycat steakburger!
- In a large mixing bowl, add the ground beef, parsley, Italian seasoning, garlic, beef powder, chili flakes, and garlic powder. Mix until all are evenly incorporated.
- Form it into roughly 4 ounces of patties using your hands and press it into a mould of your choice. You should have roughly 10 patties.
- Place a slice of American cheese on 5 patties, then cover with the remaining patties.
- Crimp the sides to enclose the cheese, and you should have 5 patties assembled in this manner.
- Place these onto a greased baking sheet and transfer them to a chilled area. Set aside for at least 30 minutes, allowing the proteins to make the patties stick together.
- When ready, preheat either your griddle or cast-iron skillet.
- Melt 1½ tablespoons of butter, then add your patties in batches. Cook for roughly 5 minutes per side or until your patties turns golden brown on both sides.
- While patties are cooking, toast your burger buns.
- Once the patty is flipped, add a slice of American cheese. Repeat with the remaining butter and cheese until you have cooked all your patties.
- Spread roughly 1 tablespoon of your chosen condiment on both sides of the burger buns.
- Place the cooked patty on the bottom bun, followed by 1 ounce each of tomatoes and onions, and ½ ounce of lettuce per sandwich.
- Cover the burger with the top bun. You may use a wooden skewer to hold the burger in place. Serve with roughly 1 cup of fries per serving!
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 179mg
- Calories: 900kcal
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Cholesterol: 179mg
- Fat: 61g
- Fiber: 4g
- Iron: 8mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 26g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g
- Potassium: 995mg
- Protein: 46g
- Saturated Fat: 24g
- Sodium: 1131mg
- Trans Fat: 3g
- Vitamin A: 1315IU
- Vitamin C: 21mg
Commonly Asked Questions
Which beef cut should I use to make burger patties?
Ask a butcher about the particular beef cut to make a burger patty and they’ll probably give you a list of suggestions. However, we don’t always have the time to memorize and analyze each cut. That is why, if you’re going to try and grind your own beef to make this recipe, we recommend using the chuck steak. Basically, the chuck refers to the region that includes the neck, shoulders, and chest of a cow. Relative to other beef cuts, the chuck steak has a well-balanced flavor. Another advantage of the chuck steak is its marbling — it has a good fat and muscle ratio.
How can I properly grind beef?
The secret to grinding beef is keeping it cold. Not only the beef but the equipment (the grinder and bowl) really cold. We want the beef to be cold and firm so that it will not get stuck in the grinder.
How can I make my patties stick?
Do not overwork the beef! As much as possible, handle the beef gently when molding them into balls and into patties. We recommend using cold beef as well so that it will be firm and easier to work around with. Lastly, do not add liquid seasoning when molding your burgers. This will prevent it from forming into a perfect patty.
ConclusionEnjoy picnics and Sunday lunch with this copycat garlic cheeseburger. We recommend serving some fries or onion rings as side dishes. Add this to your arsenal of dishes and impress friends and guests to a flavorful gastronomic experience.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!