This hearty BBQ main dish is a classic. This pulled beef burger is filling and topped with a pickle to give it an extra crunch. Chow down on this special burger to get a delicious preview of summer and the barbecue season!
How To Make BBQ Pulled Beef Burger
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast cut into two large pieces
- 2 cloves garlic halved
- 6 pickles
- 6 hamburger buns
- Combine onion, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar and paprika in a large slow cooker.
- Cut slits over roast with a sharp knife.
- Rub meat with the cut sides of garlic, then tuck garlic into the roasts slits and season with salt and pepper.
- Add roast to the slow cooker, coat with the sauce, then cover and cook on low heat for 7 to 8 hours.
- Remove beef from sauce and shred it, stripping away the fat.
- Stir shredded beef together with cooker sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve meat into buns and top with sliced pickles.