If it’s your first time seeing the mahi-mahi, you’ll never guess that it has a naturally sweet flavor. The meat of the mahi-mahi is flaky and moist which makes it perfect for a pan-fried delicious dish.
For today’s recipe, we’ll guide you through the process of recreating Bubba Gump’s Bourbon Street mahi-mahi dish. It’s simple and easy, and you won’t need too many ingredients for this one.
This dish is perfect for lunch or dinner and even picnics. If ever, you go fishing in the tropical seas of Hawaii and Latin America, remember this amazing fish and its delectable flavor.
How To Make Bubba Gump’s Copycat Bourbon Street Mahi Mahi
This Bubba Gump’s-inspired Bourbon street mahi-mahi tastes better than the original. It’s glazed in a flavorful bourbon sauce. Try it!
- Combine all the ingredients for the Bourbon Sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Adjust accordingly. Set aside.
- Combine agave, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ginger, and garlic until well incorporated.
- Season fish fillets with salt and pepper, and place them into the marinade. Cover, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat both oils in a skillet over medium-high heat, and sear fish for 3 minutes per side.
- Pour bourbon sauce over the fish and cook for another 2 minutes.
- In a plate, place a spoonful of mashed potatoes and toss some rice on top of it and finally place the fish on the top.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Sugar: 53g
- Calcium: 78mg
- Calories: 620kcal
- Carbohydrates: 81g
- Cholesterol: 124mg
- Fat: 2g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 1175mg
- Protein: 36g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 1516mg
- Vitamin A: 741IU
- Vitamin C: 20mg
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are the Health Benefits of Mahi-mahi?
Experts have pinpointed that if you are in need of protein, you should eat mahi-mahi. This tropical fish is dubbed as the “powerhouse of protein”. Eating the right amount of mahi-mahi can help reduce the risk of cancer and heart attack.
ConclusionEating fish, in general, is a healthier alternative. Try this mahi-mahi recipe for lunch or picnics. We guarantee that this is a dish that you would want in your arsenal.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!