How To Make Chicken Fried Rice
Say no to takeaway and savor this homemade fried rice! This 25-minute dish is made with brown rice tossed with carrots and peas.
- 3cupslong-grain brown rice,cooked preferably left over rice, or white rice
- ¾lbchicken breasts,boneless, skinless, diced into ¾-inch pieces
- 1tbsptoasted sesame oil,divided
- 1tbspcanola oil,divided
- 1⅓cupsfrozen peas and carrots blend
- 3green onions,chopped
- 2large eggs
- 3tbsplow-sodium soy sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sriracha,for serving, optional
In a large non-stick wok or skillet, heat 1½ teaspoon sesame oil and 1½ teaspoon of the canola oil over medium-high heat.
Once hot, add chicken pieces, season lightly with salt and pepper, then saute for about 5 to 6 minutes until cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
Return skillet to medium-high heat, add remaining 1½ teaspoon sesame oil and 1½ teaspoon canola oil. Add peas and carrots blend and green onions, then saute for 1 minute. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute longer.
Push veggies to the edges of the pan, add eggs in the center, then cook and scramble.
Return chicken to skillet along with rice. Add in soy sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm with Sriracha to taste if desired.
- Calories: 1099.50kcal
- Fat: 28.45g
- Saturated Fat: 6.16g
- Trans Fat: 0.15g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 12.20g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 8.10g
- Carbohydrates: 161.77g
- Fiber: 11.56g
- Sugar: 6.12g
- Protein: 47.53g
- Cholesterol: 196.57mg
- Sodium: 1145.02mg
- Calcium: 150.29mg
- Potassium: 1188.37mg
- Iron: 6.51mg
- Vitamin A: 602.54µg
- Vitamin C: 17.36mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!