These sweet and tangy beans are very rich and perfect for a summer barbecue!
How To Make Firehouse Baked Beans
This hearty baked beans recipe will satisfy your sweet and savory cravings.
- Heat up your oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the bacon and saute to extract the oil. Drain and set aside.
- Using the same Dutch oven, add the onions and garlic. Saute until translucent.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring stew to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Continue simmering until reduced by half, roughly 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Preheat your oven to 360 degrees F while waiting.
- Cover and stew in the oven for an hour. Stir occasionally.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Either serve as is, alongside any protein for a main dish or simply with toast and eggs as breakfast.
- Sugar: 79g
- Calcium: 191mg
- Calories: 690kcal
- Carbohydrates: 133g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Fat: 12g
- Fiber: 16g
- Iron: 6mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Potassium: 1128mg
- Protein: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 1466mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 908IU
- Vitamin C: 5mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!