Generally speaking, I prefer ribs cooked on the grill. But the fact that my grill is currently buried under a foot of snow and whipping winds that produce a negative wind chill temperature in the air have hampered my outdoor grilling.
I pulled out an old crock pot rib recipe that I have made in the past and tweaked it a bit. This time I decided to brown the ribs first. And then I forgot to put in two of the ingredients, having lots of little “helpers” will do that to you. (IKNOW one of you will ask what ingredients did you forget so I will tell you, dry mustard and vinegar. Okay?)
The results were amazing. All of the kids loved it and declared that they were the best ribs they had ever tasted. And that I should make these every day! We will be rib-atarians.
How To Make Slow Cooker Short Ribs
This tender slow cooker short ribs makes the perfect pair for a fresh bowl of salad. It’s the rich element you need to spice up the dinner table plus the slow-cooked method allows the meat to caramelize, giving off a sweet and mouth-watering dish.
- In a non-stick skillet, sear the ribs in hot oil for a minute on each side. Set aside once done.
- In a bowl, mix the beef broth, ketchup, white sugar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, and garlic. Mix and make sure it is well-combined.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Place the seared ribs in the crockpot, then pour the sauce over the ribs.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve this warm with potatoes and vegetables, done to your preference.
- Sugar: 9g
- Calcium: 26mg
- Calories: 534kcal
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Cholesterol: 113mg
- Fat: 43g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 438mg
- Protein: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 19g
- Sodium: 511mg
- Vitamin A: 157IU
- Vitamin C: 3mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!