Add a tangy flavor with ketchup and transform it into this sweet and sour chicken recipe! Serve chicken and sauce over a steaming bowl of rice and veggies.
How To Make Ketchup Soy Sweet And Sour Chicken
Serve up this ketchup soy sweet and sour chicken recipe when you crave Asian flavors. Golden nuggets of chicken tossed up in a sweet savory glaze.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper, then toss to combine.
- Add cornstarch and eggs. Mix until evenly incorporated. Set aside.
- Preheat your oil ready for frying. Prepare also a basket lined with paper towels.
- Deep fry the chicken in batches until fully cooked and the coating turns golden brown and crispy roughly 5 minutes.
- Drain onto your lined basket and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce next. Heat up your oil in a deep skillet or wok over medium heat. Add the garlic and bell peppers. Saute until translucent.
- Add the vinegar, sugar, ketchup, and soy sauce. Stir to combine, then bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer.
- Continue simmering until the sauce has thickened and sugar has dissolved for roughly 10 minutes.
- Add your chicken and toss to combine.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Sugar: 79g
- Calcium: 64mg
- Calories: 931kcal
- Carbohydrates: 153g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Fat: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 3mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g
- Potassium: 821mg
- Protein: 39g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 1145mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 2721IU
- Vitamin C: 99mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!
Bring together two classic sweet treats to make these chocolate covered gummy bears. The result is fruity, chewy, and creamy in every bite.
Pan-Fry & Skillet
Chicken thighs and chunks of vegetables in a sweet and sour sauce
This flavorful and Homemade Sweet and Sour Chicken is filled with seasoned chicken tenderloin, sweet pineapple chunks, tender carrots, and fried pickles. An undoubtedly easy sweet and sour chicken recipe overflowing in texture and complex flavors!