How To Make Frozen Mint Chocolate Chip Pie
Made with light ingredients for the mint choco filling, and some tasty Oreos and butter for the crust, this Mint Chocolate Chip Pie will be a sure fave!
For Oreo Cookie Crust:
- 24Cool Mint Creme Oreos,or regular oreos
- ¼cupbutter,unsalted, melted
- 8ozcream cheese,reduced fat, softened to room temperature
- 8ozwhipped topping,fat-free, thawed, such as Cool Whip Free
- ½cupgranulated sugar
- ¼cupcocoa powder,unsweetened
- ¼cupchocolate syrup
- 1cupAndes Mints Creme de Menth baking chips,or chopped Andes Mints
Crush the mint Oreos into a fine crumb using a food processor or blender.
Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, mix the crushed Oreo crumbs and melted butter together. It may look like there is not enough butter, but it will come together.
Place into a 9 or 10-inch pie pan, pressing the crumbs onto the bottom and up the sides as much as it will fit.
Try to make the crust ⅛-inch thick all around. (It does not have to be perfect.)
Set in the freezer while making the filling.
Mix the softened cream cheese, milk, sugar and cocoa powder together in a large bowl.
Mix until the mixture is completely smooth. (Use an electric mixer for ease, but a rubber spatula or wooden spoon would do the trick.)
Gently fold in the whipped topping.
Remove the pie crust from the freezer and layer ⅛ of the pie filling onto the crust.
Sprinkle with ⅛ of the Andes Mint baking chips.
Layer with the rest of the pie filling, swirling to make it completely smooth on top.
Top with the chocolate syrup and remaining Andes Mint baking chips.
Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
20 minutes before serving, remove from the freezer and let sit out to gently thaw to make the pie much easier to cut.
Top more chocolate syrup before serving, if desired.
- The pie can be made ahead, covered tightly, and frozen for up to 2 to 3 days.
- Instead of the whipped topping, one option is to use 1 cup of fresh whipped cream. Combine 1 cup of heavy cream with 3 to 4 tablespoons of sugar and whip on high for 3 to 4 minutes until whipped cream is formed.
- This recipe is highly adaptable, which is the best part. Graham cracker can be used for the crust, can decorate with sprinkles, chocolate chips, or a favorite candy bar. Use fat-free cream cheese, low fat, or full fat. Use skim milk, whole milk, almond milk, or soy milk. There are so many options to make this pie suitable to one’s liking and/or diet needs.
- Calories: 382.43kcal
- Fat: 23.56g
- Saturated Fat: 12.40g
- Trans Fat: 0.22g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 7.45g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.77g
- Carbohydrates: 41.39g
- Fiber: 2.45g
- Sugar: 28.31g
- Protein: 4.69g
- Cholesterol: 55.00mg
- Sodium: 208.27mg
- Calcium: 81.49mg
- Potassium: 232.98mg
- Iron: 5.14mg
- Vitamin A: 186.07µg
- Vitamin C: 1.23mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!