Forget those generic cans of apple pie filling and make your own in no time at all. This gooey filling can also be used in more desserts other than pie, so get to experimenting!
How To Make Gooey Homemade Apple Pie Filling
- 4 apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 5 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, mix it with cinnamon, and stir.
- Add in apples, sugar, and 3 tablespoons of water to the mixture.
- Cook and stir the mixture for 5 to 7 minutes until the apples become tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and remaining water.
- Add the whisked cornstarch and water to the apple mixture.
- Stir the overall formation until the filling thickens.
- Set aside the mixture to cool (or place it in a covered bowl and refrigerate overnight).
- You can now use your homemade apple filling for any pie recipe of your desire.