Using stewed rhubarb to make this frozen dessert gives it a fabulous texture.
How To Make Rhubarb Marlow
An incredibly light and delicate desserts with a distinctive subtle sour from rhubarb! Serves as an incredible palate cleanser with a lot of similarities to mousse. Definitely a dessert dish surely anyone can enjoy.
- Heat rhubarb, add marshmallows, and stir over low heat until just melted.
- Cool. If mixture is very sweet, add lemon juice to give the desired tartness.
- Chill until thick and syrupy; then whip cream until stiff and fold into rhubarb mixture.
- Turn into freezing tray of mechanical refrigerator and freeze without stirring.
- If desired, whipped cream may be tinted delicately pink before adding to the fruit mixture.
- Cut off leaves of rhubarb and wash stalks thoroughly.
- Do not peel unless the skin seems particularly tough, as the skin gives stewed rhubarb its attractive color.
- Cut stalks in 1-inch pieces, add the sugar and water.
- Cover kettle and cook slowly until rhubarb is tender.
- Chill and serve plain or with cream.
- Sugar: 20g
- Calcium: 52mg
- Calories: 276kcal
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Fat: 18g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 106mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Sodium: 46mg
- Vitamin A: 725IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!