This is delicious on its own, or you can add strawberries and let your imagination go wild.
How To Make Stewed Rhubarb
This stewed rhubarb is super easy to make and works well as a delicious topping.
- Cut off leaves of rhubarb and wash stalks thoroughly.
- Do not peel unless the skin seems particularly tough, as the skin gives stewed rhubarb its attractive color.
- Cut stalks in 1-inch pieces, add the sugar and water.
- Cover kettle and cook slowly until rhubarb is tender.
- Chill and serve plain or with cream.
- Sugar: 70g
- Calcium: 260mg
- Calories: 322kcal
- Carbohydrates: 80g
- Fat: 1g
- Fiber: 5g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 871mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 13mg
- Vitamin A: 308IU
- Vitamin C: 24mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!