Fizzy desserts are the best in the summer. This tasty soda jelly is a perfect go-to dessert if you only have a couple of minutes to prepare on a hot summer day or if you’re throwing a party. Simple and fuss-free, just the way we like it!
If you loved this and would like another rich drink for the relaxing weekend drink, try our Cookies and Cream Milkshake recipe here.
Yummy 2-Ingredient Soda Jelly Recipe Video
How to Make Yummy 2-Ingredient Soda Jelly
- 2 medium-sized glasses
- 1 cup agar-agar
- 12 oz soda
- Whipped cream for topping
- Coffee granules for garnish
- Combine soda and agar-agar powder in a heavy saucepot. Stir constantly and make sure that no lumps are forming. Bring to boil for one minute until all the powder has dissolved.
- Leave to cool slightly before transferring into glasses. Leave to set at room temperature.
- Top it off with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle on coffee granules as garnish.
Ingredients You Need
Commonly Asked Questions
Can I use flavored agar-agar in this recipe?
Of course! This recipe uses plain agar-agar powder but go ahead and use your favorite flavor in the mix. Just make sure to use a more neutral-flavored soda so the flavors don’t clash.
What can I add to the jelly?
You can add just about anything to this recipe. From fruits to candy, the choices are almost endless. Simply pop them in before the jelly solution is still in liquid form.
What are some good flavor combinations?
This question depends heavily on what your personal preferences are. However, we think lemonade or fizzy lemon-flavored soda like Sprite or 7-up go very well with sweeter fruits like blueberries or raspberries. The sweetness of the berries goes very well with the brightness of the lemo. Alternatively, if you don’t want to add fruit at all, the same sodas go great with lime-flavored jello.