You’ll need a candy thermometer to make your own hard candy.
How To Make Hard Candy
A quick and simple recipe to make your of assortment of hard candies! Get creative with the flavor combinations you can concoct in the comforts of your own home!
- 2 cups sugar
- ⅔ cup white corn syrup
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp oil flavoring , of choice
- drops appropriate food coloring
- Mix all ingredients, except coloring and flavoring, until dissolved.
Place on high heat and boil until it reaches 289 degrees F on the candy thermometer.
- Cool a little and add coloring and flavoring.
- Pour onto greased cookie sheet. Cut into cubes, cool completely, and then break into pieces.
- These can then be dusted with powdered sugar to help prevent them sticking together in jars.
- Sugar: 30g
- Calcium: 2mg
- Calories: 115kcal
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fat: 4g
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 8mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!