Who can’t turn down a slice of this amazing butterscotch cream pie!
How To Make Butterscotch Cream Pie
Cream pies are definitely one of life's simplest pleasures. Indulge in this decadent butterscotch cream pie with its rich and smooth vanilla butterscotch base filled into a buttery pie crust. Finished off with a dollop of whipped topping and confectioner's sugar.
- In medium saucepan, combine light brown sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Mix well.
- Gradually stir in milk, mixing until smooth.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat, cook and stir until thickened.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks.
Stir ¼ of hot mixture into yolks, mixing well.
- Pour back into saucepan.
Bring back to boiling, stirring; Cook until thick, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla.
- Cool for 10 minutes, pour into shell. Chill pie.
- Combine whipped cream with confectioner's sugar.
- Dollop onto pie.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!