These chocolate turtles’ inspiration comes from the brilliant Fannie May’s Pixies. You can try to make these at home if there isn’t a Fannie May near your town.
How To Make Copycat Fannie May Pixies
- 1 lb butter
- 2 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup tiny marshmallows
- 2 cups pecans toasted
- 2 cups chocolate for melting
- Melt the butter in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Throw the sugar, salt, and marshmallows into the saucepan.
- Cook until the mixture turns into a rich caramel color.
- Afterward, throw in some pecans.
- Wait 1 minute before spreading the melted chocolate over the caramel and pecans.
- Let the overall mixture cool before breaking it into pieces.
- And there you have it -- your own version of Fannie May pixies. Enjoy!