How To Make Molten Chocolate Cake a la Mode Recipe
Molten chocolate cake recipes are one of the most impressive chocolate dessert you can ever make. Make it even more special by adding ice cream on top!
- 6ozsemi-sweet chocolate,(170g) high quality
- ½cupunsalted butter,1 stick (115g)
- ¼cupall-purpose flour,(31g), spoon & leveled
- ½cupconfectioners’ sugar,60g
- 2large eggs
- 2large egg yolks
- ice cream, raspberries,and/or chocolate syrup, optional for topping
Spray four 6 ounce ramekin with nonstick cooking spray and dust with cocoa powder.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Coarsely chop the chocolate. Place butter into a medium heat-proof bowl, then add chopped chocolate on top.
Microwave on high in 10 second increments, stirring after each until completely smooth. Set aside.
Whisk the flour, confectioners’ sugar, and salt together in a small bowl.
Whisk the eggs and egg yolks together until combined in another small bowl.
Pour the flour mixture and eggs into the bowl of chocolate.
Slowly stir everything together using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
If there are any lumps, gently use your whisk to rid them. The batter will be slightly thick.
Spoon chocolate batter evenly into each prepared ramekin or muffin cup.
Place ramekins onto a baking sheet and bake for 12 to 14 minutes until the sides appear solid and firm– the tops will still look soft.
Allow to cool for 1 minute, then cover each with an inverted plate and turn over.
Use an oven mitt because those ramekins are hot! The cakes should release easily from the ramekin.
Add a scoop of ice cream on top. Serve immediately.
- Dusting the ramekins with cocoa powder and spraying nonstick cooking spray is a crucial first step as this ensures the cakes will seamlessly come out of the ramekins when inverted onto a plate.
- Calories: 371.65kcal
- Fat: 26.99g
- Saturated Fat: 15.82g
- Trans Fat: 0.63g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 8.08g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.43g
- Carbohydrates: 32.40g
- Fiber: 1.81g
- Sugar: 25.35g
- Protein: 4.88g
- Cholesterol: 164.15mg
- Sodium: 80.34mg
- Calcium: 31.17mg
- Potassium: 142.98mg
- Iron: 1.59mg
- Vitamin A: 177.65µg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!