Recreate your favorite fudge brownie dessert from Panera Bread with this quick and easy copycat recipe. In just less than an hour, you get to enjoy the scrumptious and heavenly taste of a homemade Panera brownie dessert made from simple pantry ingredients. These fudgy brownies are soft, moist, and chewy, especially when you top it off with the gooey chocolate frosting. Serve these delicious Panera-inspired brownies with a hot cup of jasmine tea or coffee.
You won’t have to worry about a dry or crumbly brownie when you have this Panera brownie at hand. Each brownie is smothered with that homemade frosting creating that teeth-tingling sweetness perfect for dessert lovers. Enjoy that delicious mix of chocolate and subtle vanilla flavor. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make a fudge brownie dessert that’s even better than your usual brownie recipe.
How To Make Panera Fudge Brownie
This Panera brownie recipe is a luscious and decadent chocolate flavored dessert topped with a creamy chocolate frosting. Serve alongside coffee, milk, or tea to fully enjoy.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a square baking dish.
- Combine the chocolate and butter for the brownies in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir until the chocolate and melted butter mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- Add in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until pale & fully combined.
- Carefully pour the melted chocolate into the creamed sugar mixture & mix until combined.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Fold both the dry & wet mixture together until combined.
- Fold the chocolate chips and pour into a greased pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool completely.
- Make the frosting by creaming the butter, cocoa powder, and salt together with a mixer. You can also use a hand whisk, if preferred.
- Mix on low to incorporate the powdered sugar.
- Add the vanilla and milk slowly until you reach the consistency you want.
- Spread the frosting on the brownies and serve.
- Sugar: 27g
- Calcium: 65mg
- Calories: 330kcal
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Fat: 20g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 150mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 172mg
- Vitamin A: 471IU
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you know when fudge brownies are done?
Use the old toothpick method to determine whether or not your fudge brownies are done. Stick a toothpick in the middle of the pan. If it comes out clean, then it is already good to go. Another method you can use is to check the edges of the brownies. Look for the hardened crust along the edges. It should be visibly baked through with the center not “wiggling” when you shake the pan. Additionally, the top of your brownies should also be matte and not shiny with just a bit of cracks as well.
What can you put on top of brownies?
Since this Panera brownie recipe only has homemade chocolate frosting, you can add more on top of it so it’s more colorful and appealing. Try adding in sprinkles, mini marshmallows, or even chopped nuts. You can also garnish it white or dark chocolate chips, or even chocolate chunks for added texture. Apart from these, you can also try making a cream cheese or butter cream frosting, or a simple white frosting glaze to drizzle on top of the brownies so it’s extra sweet and delicious.
ConclusionMake your own Panera Bread inspired dessert with this easy copycat fudge brownie recipe. This Panera brownie is perfectly moist and delicious, and will definitely satisfy your sweet cravings. Enjoy these heavenly fudge brownies with your friends and family.
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!