You’ll feel like you’re floating on air when you eat this light and flaky scones recipe. It’s a novel substitute for your run-of-the-mill morning cereal bowl.
How To Make Light and Flaky Scones
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, 1 tbsp. sugar, and butter until mixture resembles crumbs.
Beat the eggs and reserve 1 tbsp. full.
- Add milk and eggs to flour mixture; stir until dough is formed.
- Roll dough on lightly floured surface into a 9x6 rectangle about 1/2 inches thick.
- Cut into 3" squares and then into triangles.
Place these about an inch apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Brush with reserved egg and sprinkle with 1 tbsp. sugar.
- Bake for 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 76mg
- Calories: 127kcal
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Fat: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 34mg
- Protein: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 222mg
- Vitamin A: 241IU
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!