A hot chocolate mixture poured over the batter makes the liquid center of the dessert casserole.
How To Make Chocolate Casserole
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped honey roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsp. crumbled chocolate flavored graham crackers optional
- Whipped Cream optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, the 1/4 C. of sugar, and baking powder.
- Add milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Using a wire whisk, stir until smooth.
- Stir in peanut butter and semisweet chocolate pieces.
- Pour batter into an ungreased 1 quart casserole.
- Set aside.
- In same mixing bowl stir together remaining sugar and cocoa.
- Gradually stir in boiling water.
- Pour mixture evenly over batter in casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the cake portion comes out clean.
- Remove from oven; top with peanuts and graham crackers, if desired.
- Serve warm with cream, or whipped cream.