Are you craving for some smooth, finely-mashed potatoes? We feel you. After all, who can say no to some creamy and flavorful potatoes topped with warm butter? If you want to prepare this dish, you’re in luck.
Read on and discover how you can make these absolutely delicious mashed potatoes inspired by Golden Corral in the comfort of your own kitchen. It might take a while in making this amazing side dish but we guarantee you that it’s all worth it.
Serve it with your favorite meal during dinner or have it solo, we guarantee that this is going to be a filling dish. Add a generous helping of your preferred butter on top, and you’ll definitely ask for seconds.
How To Make Golden Corral Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
- 2 lb. Yukon Gold Potatoes quartered
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups flour
- 10 cups beef broth
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 4 tsp. Kitchen Bouquet
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover them with cold water.
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat.
- Simmer for 30 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain them and add the butter.
- Mash and mix the potatoes while gradually adding the milk.
- Add extra milk if the potatoes are too thick.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder if you prefer.
- For the gravy, melt the butter in a pot over medium.
- Add the flour and whisk until all lumps are gone.
- Add the salt and pepper, then cook for 5 minutes until the mixture is light brown.
- Stir constantly.
- Turn the heat to low and slowly add the broth while stirring.
- Finally, add the Kitchen Bouquet and turn the heat back up to medium.
- Stir until the gravy boils and thickens.
- Serve on top of the potatoes.
Commonly Asked Questions
Why Is My Mashed Potato Sticky?
Mashed potatoes with consistencies similar to glue is a common occurrence when the processing the potatoes. This is mainly because when you mash a potato, starch is being released. The glue-like consistency is the result of too much mashing. To prevent this from happening, try not overworking the potatoes with the food processor or any equipment you use for mashing.
Mashed potatoes are a great side dish. Don't get intimidated by the process of making it. Serve it with your preferred main course and we guarantee that it is going to be an amazing gastronomic experience. We recommend using garlic powder and parsley in the potatoes to add even more flavor.