This oatmeal rolls recipe is the perfect companion to any meal. These rolls are perfectly served with flavored butter when they come fresh out of the oven.
How To Make Hearty Oatmeal Dinner Rolls
This oatmeal rolls recipe is great for any time of day! You can have them with your favorite spreads for breakfast or as a side dish for lunch and dinner.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in the oats and butter. Boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool to 110 degrees F.
- Stir together the yeast, ½ cup warm water, and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a small bowl. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat together the oats, yeast mixture, flour, salt, and brown sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place in a well-greased bowl. Turn to evenly grease the top.
- Cover and let it rise in a warm place (at 85 degrees F) that is free from drafts, for 1 hour or until the dough is doubled in bulk.
- Mix the egg yolk and milk then set aside.
- Once the dough is doubled, punch it down and divide it in half. Shape each portion into eighteen 1½-inch balls.
- Place evenly into 2 lightly greased 9 by 1.75-inch round cake pans or any other shape of the pan. Sprinkle with quick-cooking oats on top.
- Cover and let it rise in a warm place again, about 30 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Brush some egg wash and bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool then serve!
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 8mg
- Calories: 90kcal
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Fat: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Iron: 1mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 36mg
- Protein: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 124mg
- Vitamin A: 57IU
- Vitamin C: 1mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!