After learning our toddler loved sweet potatoes, this was one of the many creations invented. Perfect for the Fall time, a fresh earthy sage and a gift from grandma was the perfect pair.
How To Make Sweet Potato Fries with Sage
- 4 cups water for par-boiling
- 6 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into french fries
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh sage minced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add fries, let par-boil for about 5-6 minutes.
- Drain fries and place in a large bowl. Add the garlic, sage, salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly.
- Arrange fries evenly on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Using a spatula, turn fries half way through the cooking time to ensure even cooking.