Start a new family tradition with this Christmas morning cinnamon rolls recipe. Kids will love watching the dough rise in the oven and they’ll love eating these sweet treats even more!
How To Make Christmas Morning Cinnamon Rolls
In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, for about 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat the buttermilk until warm to the touch.
Pour the buttermilk and oil into the yeast mixture and mix well.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
Stir the flour mixture into the buttermilk mixture 1 cup at a time, until a soft dough forms.
Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 20 times. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out into a large rectangle.
Spread the cinnamon mixture over the dough, roll up into a log and pinch the seam to seal.
Slice into 1-inch pieces and place cut side up in a lightly greased 10x15 baking pan.
Cover and let rise for 30 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let stand for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Sugar: 19g
- Calcium: 55mg
- Calories: 343kcal
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Fat: 15g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 2mg
- Potassium: 106mg
- Protein: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Sodium: 205mg
- Vitamin A: 229IU
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!