How To Make Popeye Fries (Copycat)
Make Popeyes fries in your kitchen with this easy copycat recipe. You get crispy snacks that are bursting with flavor in every delicious bite.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Prepare your Cajun seasoning by combining all the spices in a bowl and set aside.
- Wash your potatoes and slice into strips. Place your washed potatoes in a bowl of hot water and let sit for 20 minutes. Drain potatoes and allow them to dry thoroughly on a paper towel.
Grease your baking pan with 3 tbsp of oil and sprinkle the pan with ⅓ of the Cajun seasoning.
In a separate bowl, toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon of oil and sprinkle lightly with seasoning.
Place the potatoes in a single layer on a greased baking pan, cover with foil, and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown on the bottom. Flip each potato strip and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until the fries are crisp and golden.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining Cajun seasoning.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Calcium: 34mg
- Calories: 261kcal
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fat: 14g
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 2mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 9g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g
- Potassium: 704mg
- Protein: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 598mg
- Sugar: 2g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 284IU
- Vitamin C: 10mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!