These kettle chips are great for parties and movie night snacks, and they are delicious when dipped in your favorite easy dip recipes!
How To Make Homemade Kettle Chips
Serve delicious homemade chips on your next party. This kettle chips recipe gives you perfectly cripsy chips best paired with your favorite dip.
- Start by slicing your potatoes in half. Then make them into chips using a mandoline slicer.
- First, attach the rounded end of your potato to the hand pusher, then consistently slide the flat side of the potato to the mandoline blade. Do this at 1.5mm thickness setting and repeat this process until you finish the whole batch.
- Transfer your sliced potatoes into a bowl of ice cold water then mix them with salt. Let the potatoes sit in salty cold water for at least 30 minutes. While waiting, heat up your oil in a kettle cooker to 400 degrees F.
- Drain potatoes, rinse and pat dry, then deep fry them by batches. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until they are golden.
- After frying, transfer your potato chips using a colander spoon and lay them on a baking tray lined with 3 layers of clean kitchen towels.
- Let potato chips rest for at least 2 to 3 minutes, this will help get rid of the excess oil and give a crunchy finish.
- Serve your kettle chips in a bowl, seasoned with sea salt and pepper. Enjoy!
- When using a Mandoline slicer, place the slicer perpendicular to you. This will give you better positioning and control.
- Sugar: 1g
- Calories: 2kcal
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fat: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 10mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!