These kettle chips are great for parties, and they are delicious when dipped in your favorite easy dip recipes!
How To Create Homemade Kettle Chips
- 1/8 inch potatoes thick sliced
- 1 peanut oil for frying
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch pepper to taste
- 1 chili powder or paprika optional
- Soak the potato chips in ice cold water for 30-60 minutes prior to continuing.
- Thoroughly pat the potatoes dry (don't skip this step!). Season liberally with salt, pepper, and paprika or chili powder.
- Fry in 350 degree oil for about 2-3 minutes per batch.
- They will not be fully cooked.
- Allow to drain on a paper towel for 2-3 minutes or until relatively crunchy.
- Fry again for an additional 1-3 minutes or until crispy throughout.
- Season as needed.
Calories: 2kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Sugar: 1g