Cheesy and full of spicy flavors, this burrito recipe will have you ditching the drive-thru. Try making this classic dish in your own kitchen instead! Feel free to make them as spicy or mild as you like.
How To Make Pollo Loco Ranchero Burrito (Copycat)
Savory and fresh, This Pollo Loco ranchero burrito recipe invites you to have a taste. Juicy chicken wraps added with spices to make it more vibrant.
- Puree all the ingredients for the picante sauce, then set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and sauté onions, bell peppers, and garlic until translucent.
- Add chicken, chili powder, ¼ cup of broth, and ¾ cup of picante sauce. Saute briefly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring rice and remaining broth to a boil. Reduce heat, cover pan, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in remaining picante sauce, cover, and simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes until rice is tender. Set aside. Alternatively, you can also combine the rice, broth, and remaining picante sauce in a rice cooker and steam until the rice is fully cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 9 inch baking casserole.
- Spoon ⅓ cup of the chicken mixture, ⅓ cup of rice mixture, 1 tablespoon of olives, and ¼ cup of cheese to fill the tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling, then roll up.
- Arrange tortillas in the baking casserole and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes until heated through. Open burritos and top with shredded lettuce. Serve with sour cream.
- Sugar: 3g
- Calcium: 269mg
- Calories: 433kcal
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Cholesterol: 96mg
- Fat: 19g
- Fiber: 2g
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 463mg
- Protein: 32g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 920mg
- Vitamin A: 900IU
- Vitamin C: 15mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!