In the past, I usually just steamed, boiled, or sautéd fresh vegetables whenever I needed an easy side dish for chicken. You can imagine my delight when I discovered this Mediterranean roasted vegetables recipe! I never would have thought that roasting veggies in the oven yield flavorful and caramelized results! It is so delicious that it instantly became one of my go-to Mediterranean side dishes.
Some people might find roasted veggies a bit boring. But this oven-roasted vegetables recipe is far from being lackluster. In my opinion, it’s one of the best roasted vegetables recipes out there. It features a colorful blend of vegetables tossed in a flavorful seasoning. The best thing about this recipe, probably, is you can cherry-pick the veggies you want to roast. I went for zucchini, carrots, broccoli, red onion, and bell peppers. But toss in summer squash, baby potatoes, brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, and baby bella mushrooms if you want to zhuzh it up further. Grape tomatoes taste incredible when roasted, so I added a few slices.
Of course, these oven-roasted vegetables wouldn’t be a Mediterranean dish without great seasoning. I went with Italian seasoning and garlic, but if you want a more authentic Mediterranean flavor, you can also use za’atar and sumac spice. Before roasting the vegetables, coating them with olive oil makes them tastier. So, I used extra virgin olive oil, in particular, because it has a high smoking point, which makes it even more ideal for roasting. I also went for fresh lemon juice for a final boost of flavor. Although, some vegetarian Mediterranean recipes use balsamic vinegar too.
The beauty of this recipe is you can also dress up your roasted vegetables with any garnish you like. You can sprinkle them with feta cheese, which is a common ingredient in Mediterranean cuisine. But if you ask me, fresh herbs are always the best way to deliver new flavors to your dish. And my best choices will be fresh parsley, basil, and thyme as well.
I didn’t even break a sweat when I first tried this roasted Mediterranean vegetables recipe. The steps are easy to follow, plus, I only used one baking sheet. Talk about easier clean-up! When preparing the veggies, I sliced them in uniform sizes. That way, the vegetables would roast evenly and have a nice visual presentation as well. I’d also recommend that you toss and flip the veggies from time to time, or at least once.
Once you learn how to roast vegetables, Mediterranean-style, you will be cooking it on repeat! It’s brimming with delicious flavors that even the pickiest eaters in your family will love. These oven-roasted veggies are my go-to side dish whenever I whip up some Mediterranean chicken for a complete Mediterranean-inspired dinner. And I’m quite sure, once you learn how to roast vegetables, Mediterranean-style, you will be cooking it on repeat, too! It’s brimming with delicious flavors that even the pickiest eaters in your family will love.
How To Make Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables
Give your weeknight dinners a healthier spin with these Mediterranean roasted vegetables drizzled with a flavorful seasoning mix. This colorful and healthy side dish pairs perfectly with any meal!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- While the oven is preheating, slice the vegetables in similar sizes.
- After cutting up the veggies, place them on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with olive oil and add the Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper. Then, toss to coat.
- Roast the vegetables for 15 minutes or until the top turns slightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and add the tomatoes.
- Roast for another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon and serve warm as a vegetarian entrée or a side dish. Enjoy!
- As much as possible, arrange the veggies in a single layer and make sure not to crowd the pan. This way, your vegetables will cook evenly and have a better texture.
- Thyme, oregano, and paprika will also be a nice addition to your spice mix.
- If you don’t have grape tomatoes, feel free to use cherry tomatoes. They’re perfect for roasting, too.
- Calories: 119.24kcal
- Fat: 7.35g
- Saturated Fat: 1.03g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4.96g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.86g
- Carbohydrates: 12.37g
- Fiber: 3.85g
- Sugar: 6.10g
- Protein: 2.87g
- Sodium: 478.30mg
- Calcium: 51.14mg
- Potassium: 494.33mg
- Iron: 1.42mg
- Vitamin A: 190.99µg
- Vitamin C: 124.76mg
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!