This is a tasty chicken over rice meal that is simple to make. It’s made a rich mango puree, with hints of tanginess from the lemon.
How To Make Delicious Mango Chicken Over Rice
This mango chicken over rice dish has sweet notes from the mango and has a bit of bite from the warm spices. Served over rice for a truly filling meal!
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Total: 30 mins
- ¾ lb chicken breast halves, skinless, boneless, cut into chunks
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- lemon zest, or lime zest, (from 1 lemon or lime)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, or lime juice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil, divided
- 12 oz red onions, sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 14 oz mango puree, or mango pulp
- 2 cups long-grain rice, cooked
- fried onions
- fried garlic
- Combine chicken broth, lemon zest, and juice, brown sugar, curry powder, and cornstarch in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat up half of the oil in a deep skillet over medium heat and stir fry the onions and garlic for about 3 minutes until golden brown. Set aside.
- With the remaining half of the oil, stir fry the chicken breasts for about 5 minutes until the chicken does not show any pinkness but remains tender. Set aside the chicken.
- Add the chicken broth mixture in the pan and simmer until thickened and bubbly.
- Add the mango puree or pulp and cooked chicken breasts. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until flavors have combined.
- Taste and adjust accordingly and serve over hot cooked rice.
- Garnish with the fried onions and garlic before serving!
- Sugar: 56g
- Calcium: 151mg
- Calories: 1185kcal
- Carbohydrates: 222g
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- Fat: 7g
- Fiber: 8g
- Iron: 29mg
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Potassium: 1194mg
- Protein: 53g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 590mg
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Vitamin A: 4850IU
- Vitamin C: 50mg
Submit Your Own Recipe
Have your own special recipe to share? Submit Your Recipe Today!