If you’re looking for an easy recipe to cook up for your next family dinner, this is one that even kids will love. Pair it with crusty Portuguese rolls for a stew that is delicious and looks great.
How To Make Clam Boil Stew
- 1 lb. chorizo or linguica, sliced
- 1 lb. hot dogs sliced
- 10 link sausages
- 1 onion large, chopped
- 4-5 potatoes large, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb. clams chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic chopped
- 2-3 tbsp. red pepper wet and crushed
- 1 can beer
- 1 stick butter
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 3 bottles clam juice
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Boil the link sausages in water, reserving 1 ½ cups of the cooking water.
- Saute onion in olive oil until tender. Add garlic, chourico and crushed pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add clam juice. Slice the cooked sausages and add to mixture with sausage water.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. The liquid should just cover the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and cook until potatoes are cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste before serving.